Sunday, November 29, 2009

Does sun-in make your hair orange? any other side effects? would you recommend it?搂?

i want to make my hair blonder all over, it is dark blonde/light brown and has never been dyed/bleached before. I am considering using lemon juice and/or olive oil, but i was wondering if sun-in was a better way to go. I am not allowed to get highlights put in and i need a way of making my hair blonder. PLEASE HELP!



Does sun-in make your hair orange? any other side effects? would you recommend it?搂?

try john frieda sheer blonde shampoo. it works for natural or highlighted hair and i think it works great!!! it is a blend of chamomille, sunflower seed extract, and lemon shavings, all which make your hair naturally blonder!!



also you can brew some chamomille tea and put it in your hair.....never actually tried that one myself but ive heard from many sources that it works.....



lemon juice works great for me!!! you can put it in and spend some time in the sun, but if it isnt a sunny day then use a hairdryer, same with Sun In, (which for some people turns hair orange, but always works for me) and you can buy that at like walgreens or whatever



i no that olive oil works if you leave it in your hair for a long time, sometimes overnight, but you may need to shampoo twice afterwards to make sure its all out. honey works also, same thing.



also, dark tanning oil works if you sit in the sun, but make sure to wear sun screen if you put dark tanning oil in your hair



tip: some say lemon juice dries out your hair a little, so i put one drop of conditioner in the bottle and and mixed it up and mine turned out great!!!



Does sun-in make your hair orange? any other side effects? would you recommend it?搂?

it makes it orange i really dont recommend it honestly. try those other ones that last when u wash it out its like sun out i guess but its REALLY the color it says good luck



Does sun-in make your hair orange? any other side effects? would you recommend it?搂?

I used sun-in before, and noticed when I used it in the sun it turned a golden blonde, but when used with a blow-dryer, it tured orangy.



Just be carefull with lemon juice, it will dry your hair out



Does sun-in make your hair orange? any other side effects? would you recommend it?搂?

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SUN-IN!!! It wrecks your hair and it will turn orange. It is a very harsh formula that breaks down the melanin in your hair, and when you can get highlights the hair that has been exposed to sun in will shrivel up and fall off. I made the mistake when I was younger and those are the most horrendous pictures ever taken. I am also a colorist in ATL, and I won't even touch someone hair if they tell that's what has been used before. For liabilities sake, it's too risky. Lemon juice may or may not do anything, just being in the sun should make your hair get natural hilites. Good Luck ;)



Does sun-in make your hair orange? any other side effects? would you recommend it?搂?

It DOES make your hair orange - an ugly brassy orange color. AND - it messes with dye when you do decide to try and make it look normal again.



It will make any hair dye you use an off color since you are putting the dye on an off color.



DO NOT use it...if anything, buy a box color (you know a salon is best, but I getr it - it's very expensive). So you said you wanted an all over color, dye your hair with a box color. At least that way you can fix it if you decide you don't like it.



Does sun-in make your hair orange? any other side effects? would you recommend it?搂?

I used to use Sun-in many years ago, but I'm not sure about turning orange, but I do know that when I used the stuff and I had dark brown hair, it turned my hair red instead of orange, kinda like a strawberry blonde hair color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd