Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How can I fix my hair??

Hello. My natural hair color is dirty blond on the roots and the tips of my hair are light blond. I haven't had it its natural color for over 6 years because I've dyed it many times. I got a gift card to a salon thank god, so I can get it fixed. The picture I included is pretty recent (I'm on the left.) It's a bit lighter then that now. I want to dye it lighter, but heard from a stylist that if I got it dyed lighter, it would look bad because I have color build-up and will have different shades of blond and it wont look good. Other people say it will work. What is your opinion? And do you think that the picture of fergie I included would be a good color for me (I like that its not too blond or too dark.) thanks!!



http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30...



http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30...



How can I fix my hair??

If the colorist is good, you can get what you want. You should bring in the photo of Fergie and work with the colorist to determine if that color would work with your skin tone (even though you have a tan, your face is fairer with pinkish rose tones which indicates "cool" tones, and Fergie doesn't have this coloring -- she has "warm" tones to her skin). Her color may look too brassy/orange-y on you.



The ramifications of the wrong tone hair? All your imperfections will become obvious, any blemishes, etc.



Dying it lighter from a darker color shouldn't be a problem; the only difficulty would be to find a color that your hair would combine with to get the color you want. If nothing else, the colorist can "lift" (bleach) the color from your hair (this would make it lighter than the final color) and then "deposit" the color you want.



Personally, I think that having different shades of blonde makes hair much more interesting and "natural" (having the lightest shades on top).



It may be that the colorist you consulted did not have the level of skill to do the job. You need to find one that does, and possibly has before and after pictures of clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd